Car Talk Chronicles – Want to write?
Be the Playwright and maybe Act as well?!?
This a deep dive into our Movement Method, creating something awesome from nothing, and is an incredible experience no one can ever take away from you, with collaborative learning, on and off the stage lessons, and most of all, FUN!
LATTE’s accepting YOUR writing submissions for their Original Play, Car Talk Chronicles.
The play will be a series of bite-size vignettes of 5 to 10 minutes. Submissions can be funny, raw, and real – just like the “slice of life” real conversations that we share in cars!
Auditions and Practices start in February. Sessions will include: scene development and dramaturging, a literary, socio-emotional, and cultural analysis, Movement Method synthesis and collaborative critique. Breakout rooms will be used as part of rehearsals.
Memorization of your part is required. Set to be performed on Zoom, prerecorded, or live.
- Submissions Due – FEB 1st
- Selections Chosen – FEB 7th
- Auditions – FEB 7th on Zoom by Audition slot.
- Performance in May – TBD
Scene Writing Guidelines:
- Comedy, Suspense, Dramatic. Your Choice!
- 5 – 10-minute vignettes with 1 – 4 characters
- Rated for all audiences.
- Written by teens 11 – 19
- Include a small scene description, character list and description enough to help us “meet” your “people”!
Send submissions in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org